We’ve all heard the old joke, “Lions 21, Christians 0,” a reference to the period presumably when the Romans persecuted Christians for sport. Now we’re hearing cries of persecution of Christians once again. Right now and right here in America. Here are some examples:
- Banning of religious symbols—ten commandments, nativity scenes—on government property.
- Banning of prayers in public schools.
- Banning of the teaching of creationism in public schools.
- Giving women the right to abortions.
- Granting same-sex couples the right to get married.
All are claimed to be instances of attacks on Christians and Christianity. I don’t agree.